[TR] Veteran's Day

Keith Stewart keithstewart at bell.net
Fri Nov 11 10:58:14 MST 2016

Don Hiscock wrote:

I brought home a few Poppy Appeal lapel poppies from the UK last week. A friend in California has gotten a lot of interest as she's worn one through this week. I wish we had that program here. Started in the US decades ago, but now most active in Britain and Canada.

Wow, I did not know it was not more widespread. Poppies are so readily available this time of year and are provided to all our school children with services being held in each of our schools. Any proceeds from the poppy sales go to support our veterans. A small town nearby had ceramic poppies made and displayed at the cenotaph. One poppy for each community member to have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Keith Stewart

keithstewart at bell.net