[TR] OD Problems

Bill Brewer billbrewer59 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 11:31:38 MDT 2017

     So I was out for a drive in my TR3A and the OD just quick working.
Throw the switch and it doesn't go into OD. No noises or anything. I got
home and tested the circuit and when I throw the OD switch with the trans in
3rd I get the test light to come on at the connection at the solenoid. The
Moss repro solenoid probably only has 10,000 miles of usage and is still
shiny and clean. My instincts say that it is probably burned out and I
should change it with a spare. Is there something else I should check first?

     Also, is it possible to change out the solenoid from underneath with
the trans cover still on or is it a folly to try? My trans tunnel is always
a PITA to get on and off. I have seen were people have modified the trans
tunnel with a little door to access the solenoid. Has anyone on the list
done this?

     TIA,

     -Bill in Tehachapi