[TR] Pertronix, TR6

Dennis Culligan dctr6 at optonline.net
Mon Dec 18 08:04:02 MST 2017

Bob Peglow wrote:

>I am thinking about installing Pertronix.

>What are the thoughts out there?

Bob -

    I switched to Pertronix years ago when I could no longer get the timing
correct due to a wobble in my distributor shaft.

Since then I have had the distributor rebuilt/recurved (at Advanced
Distributors) and the Pertronix is still working fine.

One thing to keep in mind is that when/if a Pertronix fails, you may be dead
in the water so as others have said, carry a backup.

I caught a sale and simply bought a second Pertronix.

Dennis Culligan, Highland, NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U