[TR] TR4 question

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Fri Dec 29 06:12:17 MST 2017

That's a good question! My 4A has a two speed motor. I do not know when they switched from single speed to two speed.

I guess the answer could be "check your wiring" and "how does your switch work".

If you have the switch, does it have a single pull detent or two detents in the pull?

For the wiring, there is an extra wire going to the motor that activates the slower speed. I am not sure exactly how it works to make it go slower! So if you have wiring that looks similar to the 4A wiring diagram, rather than the TR3 wiring diagram, then it probably is a two speed system that it is set up for.

Sorry I can't be morehopeful. I have a feeling that somewhere in the TR4 range, they switched over to a two speed system!

-Tony

Sent from my 1837 Babbage Analytical Engine