[TR] TR shifter spring and plunger

Carl Sereda carlsereda at aol.com
Mon Feb 6 14:29:37 MST 2017

Hi Sujit,

 You might want to get a brand new spring and/or plunger.. since TR stick shifters seem prone to rattle.
TRF's spring is slightly huskier than Moss's, but both have machined flat ends, and a precise short length. Moss's plunger provided a slightly snugger fit for my old bore.
Grease holds these precision parts in place for reassembly but the wire tie a good idea.

Good luck with it,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

I have one gear lever with it missing and another with what appears to be
the plunger and no spring.

The plunger is in the lever so I don't know what it looks like.

Can I use a spring from a ball pen and cut it down to size. Does only the
grease in it stop it falling out during assembly into top cover?