[TR] Speedo indicator calibration

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 08:43:48 MST 2017

Tony -

This is excellent information!  Your monograph on speedo repair and
calibration has been the gold standard for DIYers in the past - now this
addition may make it possible to overcome another hurdle in achieving
accuracy.

Apparently this technique is unknown to the big-name rebuilder who tried to
calibrate a speedo for me as they said (after failing badly):

Because of the wide variation between the original and current calibration
> of the Speedo, any further fine tuning of the calibration is limited to
> weighting the pointer and playing with spring rates both of which will
> produce results that are in all honesty, a compromise, I.e., weighing the
> pointer will drop the Speed down at the lower range but will also slow it
> down in the upper range, changing out the drum spring to one with a higher
> rate will help solve this problem, however there are not a broad range of
> different spring rates available.

Thanks for pointing the way.

Geo