[TR] Narrow Belt

David Friedlander forzion7 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 16:49:49 MST 2017

Greetings all!

I recently purchased a new mini-alternator (a Remy 14977) for my TR3.  I
find
that using the pulley off my old generator on the alternator doesn't leave
any
threaded shaft length exposed for affixing the old pulley to the new
generator.
I imagine the pulley can be modified somehow to expose more alternator
shaft
length but....

So now, I'm working to try to get a narrow belt pulley onto my new
alternator.

Has anyone tried the wide-belt-to-narrow-belt conversions kits from either

Revington TR

http://www.revingtontr.com/product/rtr1210k/name/thin-belt-conversion-tr2-4a

or Moss?

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=123728

The kit differences are evident but I wondered about peoples' experiences
with either of these.....

Thanks all!

Dave Friedlander
Maine