[TR] Removing gears off main shaft (gearbox)

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Mar 11 14:31:51 MST 2017

> I'm looking at the ROM of the Stag and it says I need a special tool to
> remove a circlip off the shaft.( Tool S67. )
>
> I haven't looked at the shaft yet, but can I just remove with a think
> bladed screw driver?

Can be done, but not easy.  You'll need several screwdrivers, and probably
have to grind the tips to fit into the splines.

The process also will usually over-extend the clip, which means it should
not be reused.  I suggest you buy several replacements, in case of a "do
over".

Next time around, I plan to try to make another replica of the factory tool,
this time with better steel than I used before.

Randall