[TR] p700 lights with sidelight

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 07:49:57 MST 2018

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 2:42 AM, Don Hiscock <don.hiscock at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sidelights in the headlamp are in fact pretty common on European lamps (back
> when lights were more like our cars).  They're wired exactly as Randall
> notes -- as parking lights.
>
> The tiny wattage from the sidelight bulb would make no difference to the
> main or dipped beam.  They can be ignored when the real lights are on --
> there's no real reason to have them turn off.

I bought some Hella headlights with the same feature.  My plan was to
put an LED in there with appropriate resistor outside the lens.  No
extra heat at all, and they can run all the time the ignition is on
with no detriment to charging or operation that I could see.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.