[TR] trying to identify water pump shafts for TR7 / Stag

Frank Magnusson fmags at cox.net
Mon Feb 4 18:25:01 MST 2019

Hi Sujit,

If it's for the Stag, check the seal as far as how it fits in the brass cage and makes sure it spins easily.  I bought a new pump for mine a few years back and the seal was just jammed onto the brass cage; wasn't even straight and you could barely turn it by hand.  I ended up having to order a new seal, machining the cage a few thousanths for the seal to fit into the cage.  Not familiar with the brands you mention.

Frank
'72 Stag

Sent from my iPad