[TR] Snaps

Keith Richard Stewart keithstewart at bell.net
Sat Jan 26 15:27:46 MST 2019

On January 25, 2019 3:29 PM
Gary Nafziger wrote:

TR six hood sticks cover New cover installation. The new cover will snap on the rear of the top. I received the plastic snaps with my new hood stick cover. The rear of the top has metal snaps.

I cannot figure out how all the plastic snaps would snap into each other. Is my best solution simply to buy metal female snaps to put on the new cover. And then just have them snap into the old snaps that are already on the convertible top.

This illustration shows metal fastener pieces but the plastic pieces are the same. The top two pieces are what you should have in your kit. The red line represents the fabric of the new boot cover (hood stick cover). BTW if the pieces came with a Robbins boot cover, it would not be the first time I have seen the wrong pieces provided. The same pieces would be used for the tonneau cover at the rear. Whenever I do one of these, I always replace the plastic pieces with the corresponding metal ones. With black tops, I use the black anodized pieces. The snap fastener pieces are available from several online providers, including marine shops, convertible top shops, and hobby shops.

The bottom two pieces are what would be on the rear bar of the soft top with the red line again representing the fabric of the convertible top.

Keith Stewart

keithstewart at bell.net