[TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6

Brian Kemp bk13 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 30 18:01:47 MDT 2020

I second checking the wires.  Had a problem on a weekend road trip where
one of the smaller wires in the plug that goes into the alternator
broke.  Not fun trying to pry out the connector from the plug and
uncrimp it with minimal tools.  With the car at home, give each wire a
tug to make sure they are all secure.

As to rebuilds, I don't have faith is most rebuilders.  My rebuilt TR6
starter lasted a full week before failing.  I think they are just out
for a quick turn.

Brian