[TR] TR3A rear main seal w/ engine in

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 11:09:38 MDT 2021

 you would have to drop the crank a long way Art.
maybe as much as 4/5 inches
Frank
    On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 10:03:31 AM PDT, Art McEwen <artwmcewen at gmail.com> wrote:

 Can a vitron seal be installed while the engine is in place if the gearbox is out?

When I put the car up for winter storage I pulled the gearbox for a rebuild but I quickly realized most of the oil leakage was from the rear main crank seal.  However the winter storage area is gravel beside the garage without room to get an engine lift to the front (or maneuver it well on gravel).  Alternatively, I’d have to push the car up hill into the garage (all my car friends are distant and/or old).

Is it wishful thinking to contemplate pulling the pan and loosening the crank bolts to install the vitron upgraded seal from underneath?

Thanks,

Art
** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html