[TR] F/S: Laycock 'J Type' overdrive, shaft, plate

Blake J. Discher bdischer.lists at blakedischer.com
Sun Apr 3 14:05:06 MDT 2022

Listers,

I've been on the list many years, learned a ton, envy the experts both
here and those who have passed on.  I'm putting some of my parts on
eBay.  I thought I'd first offer up a J-Type OD unit here in case anyone
is looking for one.  The first two digits of the serial number are 27
which from my research indicates it is from a Volvo and provides 27-28%
overdrive.  (I'm seeing that in a post on triumphexp.com that discusses
Laycock overdrive serial numbers.)

I do have the mainshaft and the adapter plate. Purchased off of eBay
from a guy in Canada, I never installed it on my TR6, it's sat in my
basement for at least 10 years.  All I can say is that the unit spins
freely by hand, I can't speak to any other performance.

I don't want to break up the trio, Rimmer has the adapter plate at $265
and the mainshaft at $269.  I'm thinking I'd like to get somewhere in
the neighborhood of $1,200 as-is.  I did check eBay, there is one
rebuilt unit, overdrive only (no plate or shaft) at starting bid $800,
buy it now $1,200.  That's how I'm coming up with my asking price.

Thanks,
Blake Discher
313-259-4460