[TR] TR3/Morgan Alternator

William Brewer billbrewer59 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 19:41:32 MDT 2022

      So I have an AC Delco 10si alternator in my 1953 Morgan +4
(similar engine block as a TR3) that I bought from Triumph Rescue. It
only mounts at one point at the front of the engine and it shakes a lot.
I have tried tightening the mounts and tightening and loosening the belt
to see if that helps. It is also a pain to put in or remove from the
cramped engine compartment of the Morgan. Previously I had had a DynoAlt
(alternator in a Lucas generator case), but it kept burning out so I
went with Triumph Rescue in a clinch. In the old days of about 10 years
ago I used a Bosch alternator from a 1980 Ford Fiesta in my other
Triumphs. Those are pretty much unicorns these days. I have been
thinking of trying a REMY 13107 from RockAuto or my local auto parts
store. It has mounting ears front and rear like a Lucas generator or the
old Bosch alternators so it should be a better mount. Has anyone fitted
one of these? Any issues? Does it fit the TR3 generator mount?

1980 FORD FIESTA 1.6L 98cid L4 Alternator / Generator | RockAuto
<https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1980,fiesta,1.6l+98cid+l4,1128293,electrical,alternator+/+generator,2412>

     TIA,

      Bill Brewer

      Morro Bay, CA