[TR] LED headlight conversion

auprichard uprichard.net auprichard at uprichard.net
Thu Nov 3 12:32:38 MDT 2022

Some time ago (2015, actually) Randall Young posted about converting his TR3 to LED headlights:

" I bought Hella H4 headlight conversions from BusDepot.com (who have a  great deal on them at the moment)

http://www.busdepot.com/0301600118

 Plus 30 watt LED H4 inserts from eBay, like these

http://tinyurl.com/nwxm7w2

 There are lots of choices available there and I can't say for sure that these are any better or worse than others.  But I liked the fan

 idea (LEDs are very sensitive to heat and keeping them cool will make them last longer) and felt they were worth trying."

I duly went out and bought exactly what Randall was suggesting, which included 60W 6000LM Cree LED Headlight 30W bulbs (H4 Hi-Lo).

They have lasted well, but one finally went out last night.

I can no longer find the Cree bulbs:  Does anyone have experience with alternative bulbs which would work (ideally with the fan function)?

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, Michigan