[TR] “Unobtanium”

John Macartney johnbmacartney at gmx.com
Fri Jul 21 10:43:19 MDT 2023

Hi, Everyone,

I’ve been busy these last few days in clearing out a raft of tools and things I know I’ll never need again and thought I’d post this as I know there are some people out there who would sell their grandmothers/wives/partners for certain things they’d like to include in their cars, especially if they’re heavily into concours. I’m not and never have been.
What I have is a genuine Standard Triumph tools wallet with working press stud and the ST logo with the following items within:

One 1/2” x 7/16 open ended spanner in black
One 1/2” x 9/16 open ended spanner in black
One double ended box spanner 17.8mm and 20.6mm across internal flats. Can’t give you imperial measurements as my callipers only measure in metric.
One box spanner Tommy bar with a screwdriver blade at one end and a nave plate removing hook at the other.
One pair of adjustable opening pliers. These are very slightly rusted but after all they’re not in the bloom of youth!
One tool carry wallet aforesaid.

I hope the picture I’ve attached has come through but email me off list if you don’t receive it with this post. I think this toolkit probably came from my late Father’s Standard Vanguard Vignale from 1959 as the nave plate remover was certainly issued with that model. That said, the same tool also appeared in later Triumphs and especially for cars equipped with imitation Rostyle wheel trims.

Postage from the UK to the States or Canada is 20 dollars US. I don’t know what these are worth to anyone because the sale proceeds, less the P&P, will go to charity and not me.

I’ll keep the auction open until midnight on Friday 28 July. Your bid should include the P&P cost. If there’s more than one winning bid to an identical value, I’ll take the earliest bid based on the receipt time and date.

Jonmac