[TR] How to Re-align splines in OD to mate with transmission shaft?

aribert neumann aribertn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 06:09:07 MDT 2023

I have the D-type.   Based on responses and a couple of videos I found, it
appears that I need to reduce spring pressure no matter what to be able to
get the splines loose enough to rotate.  So it looks like I need to loosen
the fasteners that secure the castings on either side of item 26.   Image
of D-type attached.  I can just imagine another (future) oil leak.    Still
a bit surprised the splines shifted when all I did after removing was to
pour solvent into the diff and slosh the solvent around.