[Vintage-race] Garage Lift Opinions and advice.

Marlene Rzepkowski mrzepkow at rochester.rr.com
Fri Aug 10 07:30:15 MDT 2007

I am writing this note to 3 vintage race lists to solicit some opinions (first
hand knowledge preferred) about a quality, 2 post lift for my garage.  After
doing some on-line research, the "Complete Hydraulics Model SL-10,000 OH"
looks to be a very nice lift with the widest drive through clearance, flexible
lifting arm configurations, and an attractive price.  But I don't want to be
seduced by price, if I am putting my cars on it and my body under it with
those cars on it, I want safety and reliability.  Here is a link to that lift.
http://www.completehydraulic.com/sl10000oh.html  If anyone has any first hand
experience with or knowledge of this lift, please contact me with your
opinions at dick at mgcarclub.com

The Bend PAK model XP-10C is a contender but you have less flexibility in
lifting.  You buy it either configured as a symmetric (XP-10C) or an
asymmetric (XP-10AC) arm configuration and pay about $500 to $600 more than
the "Complete Hydraulics" brand unit above.  I've seen Bend PAK in plenty of
service garages so I know it is used in commercial applications and the owners
I've spoken with are all pleased with its reliability and durability.  If this
is the best alternative what is the arm configuration that folks on the list
have used and why do you like the symmetric versus asymmetric configuration.

So send me your advice.  Thanks in advance to all.

Dick Rz.
dick at mgcarclub.com