[Vintage-race] Watches

Charles Christ cfchrist at earthlink.net
Tue May 29 11:17:14 MDT 2007

LOL!  my 11 year old has early 1970's indestructable lionel trains  (the
bullet proof plastic stuff).  aircraft and trains have always interested
me.    i'm not very interested in water craft.    my grandfather was an A&E
(airframe & engine) mechanic (worked on the bell aerocobra assembly line
during WW2).  dad raced evrything from indian motorcycles and stock cars to
sports cars and i did motocross and drag racing brfore sports cars.   but i
have never lost an interest in planes and trains.   possibly the size of
the equiptment , or the skills to maintain or operate them?  i have no
definitive answer.   but thinking about it all , they all required very
special skills , yet all the hardware was either right handed or left
handed threads!  no matter the size the principals remained the same.   all
very interesting once looked at the basics?
it's not knowing the specific torque of an odd or obscure vehicle , it's
knowing how to treat those special bits relative to that one vehicle.  but
it all comes down to right or left handed threads , torque values and what
the specifications call for on that specific aplication?  right?    having
an "en-fo" FF motor on the stand , a saab 2 stroke disassembled and a very
agressive chevy small block on a stand....   it takes a lot to be able to
hop from one to another , yet it is all about nuts -N- bolts....right?

chuck
93F #251

HO