[Vintage-race] Vintage Formula Vee Run Group At Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in April 2009

Ryan, Richard RRyan at frk.com
Tue Dec 2 07:57:27 MST 2008

THE 2009 46th VINTAGE VEE BIRTHDAY PARTY AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA

You are invited to the 46th Vintage Vee Birthday Party.  Yes, there was
a Birthday Party for all types of Vees last April in Savannah.  As you
know, most of the West Coast Vintage Vee pilots didn't make that one.

So Victory Lane, the San Francisco Region (SFR) of the SCCA, and I are
going to hold a big Vintage Vee bash at the SFR SCCA's 2009 vintage race
at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.   It will be April 4&5, 2009.  Please
start thinking about adding this race to your 2009 calendar.   Our goal
is to have the largest gathering of Vintage Vees on the West Coast.
Wouldn't it be fun to have a 30+ Vintage Vees race together at one of
the most famous tracks in the country?

I have talked to SFR's vintage chief (Bill Godwin), and we think we can
have a single "ALL VEE" run group, if we can get at least 30 Vintage
Vees to enter.  SFR accepts all current VMC member club's licenses or
med cards.   You will have to join the SCCA ($75) to run.  The entry fee
is estimated at about $385 at this time.  There will not be a test day
on the Friday before the race.

Plans call for Saturday to have a 25 minute practice/qualifying session
in the morning.   In the afternoon there will be a 25 minute sprint race
with grid positions determined by the morning session.   Sunday morning
leads off with a 25 minute practice session.  Sunday's 25 minute race
will be grided by Saturday's race finishing positions.  Victory Lane
will be supplying the awards, T-shirts, and other memorabilia.   We are
also thinking of having a Vee concours.

Vintage Super Vees and VW powered sports racers are also invited to run
with their respective groups

Does anyone on the West Coast have an extra Vintage Vee or two?   I
believe there will be some drivers from other parts of the country who
would be interested in renting one.

The race will be run by the SFR so the entry process will be handled
through their website.  So early in 2009 check http://sfrscca.com for
the entry process and more info.

Chuck Tatum will be our "Vee Grand Marshal" for the weekend.  In case
you don't know Chuck, he was the second constructor of Formula Vees.
His Crusaders were the second Vees ever made (Formcar being the first).
Chuck continues to build new Crusaders and Formula Firsts.  Crusader
will be our featured marque for the weekend.  Knowing the Bay Area
drivers, I am sure that we will have at least 2 of the first few
Crusaders made.

Questions?   Comments?   Suggestions? Volunteer to help?

Send me an e-mail if you want me to put you on the mailing list.

Flash---Team Dreamer, Flash Racing Ltd.
AKA  Dick Ryan when not in his driver's suit.
650-312-4022
RRYAN at FRK.COM

Notice:  All email and instant messages (including attachments) sent to
or from Franklin Templeton Investments (FTI) personnel may be retained,
monitored and/or reviewed by FTI and its agents, or authorized
law enforcement personnel, without further notice or consent.