[Vintage-race] Torque wrench recommendations?

Scott Cypher srcypher at mac.com
Tue Dec 2 16:04:42 MST 2008

I managed to pick up the electronic torque reader sears carries on
closeout of a particular model, real cheap, and now I use it rather
than relying on the click; but it also gave me the advantage of see
how far out my regular torque wrench was off (always was 5lbs too
lose, no matter what I torqued to)

So I use the electronic part when doing engine work, and then do the
+5lbs to the setting when doing non-critical work.  Don't have to
worry about calibrating the click wrench...

Thanks

-Scott Cypher
spitfireracer at xsmail.com
SCCA #37 HP Spitfire 1500 #362573
Reading, PA
http://gallery.me.com/srcypher#gallery

1971 Spit MkIV/1500 RaceCar
1971 TR6 TBD
1976 TR7 Street
1968 GT6 Vintage

"I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.
Its the excitement only a free man can feel.  A free man at the start
of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain"