[Vintage-race] SVRA Mid Ohio Event

Jeff Snook jsnook at wcnet.org
Wed Jan 30 13:33:14 MST 2008

Hey all,

I expect everyone is busy planning their 2008 race season now.  You should
think seriously about attending the SVRA June 26th to 29th event at Mid Ohio
because the "Nazis" are gone!

I believe it was in 2004 that the security at MO was named the Mid Ohio
"Nazis".  Lots of people pissed off about the lack of compassion from the
security staff, making it unpleasant for us racers.  At the 2005 event
Michelle Truman met with some of us to get our feedback about the problems.
She explained that their security staff was treating our vintage race like one
of their large spectator pro events which was probably the problem.

I missed the 2006 event, but heard from friends that had been at the meeting
with Michelle the previous year that it was much better.  Apparently their
security guy was canned and they were much more helpful and accommodating to
us vintage racers.  Last year I attended the event and was pleasantly
surprised to see lots of young coeds out directing traffic with big smiles on
their faces and friendly waves.  No hassles at all.

I know some of you swore you would never go back, and voiced your displeasure
by your lack of attendance.  But you ought to reconsider as the "Nazis" are
gone!  And... Mid Ohio is one of the nicest tracks in the county!!

Vroom, vroom,

Jeff Snook
http://www.snooksdreamcars.com