[Vintage-race] Verizon cell service at VIR

Norm 2Bs twobees at sprynet.com
Sun Jun 15 18:29:57 MDT 2008

These days, Verizon doesn't care much about customers, or so it seems.

I've been a Verizon, & prior to their formation, Bell Atlantic, wireless
customer since 1989.

On Nov. 29, 2006, I bought a new phone, an LG Chocolate so it would synch
with the Bluetooth system in my car.  By February 28, 2007, I had to replace
it as the screen would turn white even when off.  By September 28, 2007 that
LG Chocolate had gone bad -- the vibration feature didn't work.  At that
time the original model Chocolate had been replaced.  SO, in replacing that
phone I had to buy a new battery for $50.00 to fit the new model.  Now (June
2008), the screen on that Chocolate has gone bad -- it is usually blank.
Only on rare occasions does it show anything.

Discussions with staff at the Verizon kiosk in Circuit City, The Verizon
store in Clearwater (FL) & with Verizon Customer Service by phone have only
led to one option--my being charged $50, plus tax for a new phone.

By calling LG, I learned that they have a 15-month warrantee on the
Chocolate.

So, here is the bottom line--I am being charged $50 to replace a piece of
8-1/2 month-old defective equipment that, for Verizon, is covered by
warrantee for another 6-1/2 months.  And, that despite the fact that I have
been a customer for almost 20 years.

Now that they have purchased Alltel, I guess we can expect them to treat
their customers with even more disdain.

My contract with VZ expires in a few months.  Anyone have a recommendation
for a service to replace them and that gets service at tracks like VIR &
Lime Rock?

Norm Sippel