[Vintage-race] Trailer tires

Jim britbits at netzero.com
Thu Oct 2 21:40:03 MDT 2008

In 1998 when I bought trailer tires from Discount Tires I went with the "4
for $100" specials.  They tried hard to talk me into proper bias ply trailer
tires ("we'll replace them free if they ever fail").  $100 per tire was a
bit too steep for my budget.

In 2002 I had 3 of the 4 cheap tires fail on a trip from Dallas to NJ to
Dallas.

When I went to the trailer dealer up in OK for new tires that fall?
Remington Radials.  It was all they carried

They're now 6 years old and I'm not sure whether I want to make another long
haul trip.  Still look ok, and I've tried to keep them out of the sun.

I've seen Goodyears flagged as Trailer tires.  I hope those gents know how
to do a tire.  ;)

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas