[Vintage-race] Trailer tires

note4don at live.com note4don at live.com
Fri Oct 3 13:10:31 MDT 2008

Carrying a ramp that allows you to pull up onto the good tire is a must,
along with a healthy spare.

Camping World has the plastic ramps, but they are very expensive. I fastened
a series of short boards together into a ramp and that works fine. I have
used it twice in the last two years, even with NEW trailer tires.

Of course this only applies to four wheel trailers. Anyone towing an
expensive vintage car on a two wheel trailer is an accident waiting to
happen.

All of this goes double for your RV. A friend blew the inside rear tire on
his RV and wiped out a very expensive exhaust system.

Don Queen