[Vintage-race] Formula 4 spring rate question

WSuman at aol.com WSuman at aol.com
Mon Feb 23 11:56:51 MST 2009

I'm resurrecting a 60's Johnny Walker Formula 4 from a basket of  parts.
Included springs are 150#, 250#, 310#, 350# and 480#.

Among other issues, I have spring questions.

I need to get some new springs (at least fronts) and am trying to make  an
educated decision.  Weight is ~600#, distributed aft but I don't  know % yet.
Motor currently is Honda CB-750, no ides what else may  have been in there.
Sanctioned as 3/4 liter from virtually any  source.

Current front sets are 2.25" x 7.5" and I need to go shorter by  1-1.5" for
clearances.  Rears are also 7.5" but bottom end is 2"  id. (threaded perch is
pressed steel).

If anyone could direct me to a source of information on choosing spring
rates, and a source for springs, I would be most appreciative.

Regards,

Walt Suman
Seattle

steps!