[Vintage-race] oil cooler cleaning

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Tue May 5 14:49:46 MDT 2009

I can't really disagree with that, but would note that I have cleaned out
coolers that are too expensive to lightly replace (I use some Mazda rotary
coolers that are very large and very, very expensive unless you find a good
one  in a wreckers) after wiping a bearing.  A combination of solventing and
 ultrasonic cleaning gave a result that I was pretty sure was OK.  I ran a
separate oil filter downstream of the cooler just to be sure and when I
read the  entrails (it was a canister style with a nice Crossland felt filter
you could  pull apart and examine) there were no particles present.

Bill

In a message dated 5/5/2009 1:46:01 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,