[Vintage-race] [Lotus] An S1 with Duplicate Number... a can of worms?

rickyocum at earthlink.net rickyocum at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 8 17:01:58 MST 2010

I think that's the proper way to handle the situation and I offer high praise for the current owner.

The question of what constitutes "an original" has been discussed on various boards for several years.  The favorite quote I ever read on the subject (and I'm taking liberty with the numbers because I don't remember the exact quote)dealt with the 1957 Chevy "Black Widows.'  I once read the comment "Out of the 125 originally produced, primarily for NASCAR racing, only approximately 500 have survived."

Rick