[Vintage-race] battery Cut off with alternator

fastvee fastvee at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 14:17:40 MST 2010

I believe my master switch failure was due to oxidation of the terminals. The plastic cut off switches are not sealed very well for racing in the rain. I was able to get it working in the paddock with contact cleaner and repeated actuation, ignored advise to bypass it, and it then failed during the race and cost me a win. Later replaced it with a sealed metal switch like these from Longacre Racing;
http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/catlist.asp?catid=14
John Caffrey
Fogelsville, PA