[Vintage-race] Aluminum Hubs...

Stewart Smith 56887 at msn.com
Sat Jan 23 13:22:15 MST 2010

Aluminum aircraft bolts, aluminum radiator ( in period a Fiat radiator, some
claim the new aluminum radiators carry more water negating any weight
savings), all un-necessary wiring (brake light, ignition circuit), headlight
bulbs, aluminum wire wheel rims, billet aluminum driveshaft, magnesium
trans.......SCCA allowed 940 lbs for BMC sevens and I don't think anyone
could get that light. I know the 1340's were closer in minimum weight than
the BMC's for some reason. The BMC transmission is lighter, but the engine
heavier.