[Vintage-race] VRG/PVGP Historic Races at BeaveRun

Ralph Steinberg ralph at cloverleaf-auto.com
Sat Jun 19 06:37:18 MDT 2010

OK everyone!

 You now have 28 days left, I will take your entry at the door if I must, to
get your entry in for the best vintage racing around.

 We have something for everyone:

For the vintage racer we have a full day of test & tune on Friday ( around
1.5 hours of track time) On Saturday you get a quick morning practice to
shake off the dust and get ready for the day followed by a qualifying race
and then 2 sprint races for an hour of track time. And if you are one of our
FV drivers add another 11 lap sprint race to your ticket. On Sunday you
start right in with a 15 lap qualifier and finish off with an 18 lap feature
race and on Sunday those of you with FF & CF cars meeting VRG rules will get
an additional 11 lap go for broke sprint race.

 We also will have a FREE reception trackside on Friday eve and we have a
great party on Saturday

For the young and young at heart the Kart track will be open Friday,
Saturday & Sunday

Did you know almost anyone in most any car can try their hand at Solo
racing? Basically bring a street safe car and a helmet (don't forget your
wallet) and until the field is full you can sign on and race solo. Want to
get into car control, give it a try. And who knows, after a few laps around
the solo track your significant other will be looking for a seat in the race
car!

And then there is the crhme de le crhme our charity rides where you the
driver get to put the biggest smile on someone's face and meet a new friend!

So we have everyone covered, you, your significant other, your kid, your
brother-in-law, even your in-laws (did I mention you can buy rides in the
pace cars) All wrapped up in a vintage race weekend with the look and the
feel of a race right out of the heyday of club racing.

 You are likely to see just about anything in our paddock and on our track
from a Formula Vee (sorry guys but you look like some big water bug flying
down the track) To a big Honking Allard Coupe! A S200o to a Frogeye Sprite
(hmm - Frogs and water bugs - same groups - could be interesting) Camaro to
an Aston Martin Nimrod, IT Pinto chasing a BMW, chasing a Porsche. We have
had an Alligator roaring around the track doing battle with Jaguars being
chased by MG's while being buzzed by Spitfires, while Mustangs are still
deciding the pony wars and least we forget, turning inside of everyone come
our rice burners. we have cars with Swedish racing history ( I mean actually
raced there - have you ever tasted what they palm off as after dinner
drinks? Make a great race Fuel!)

And one more thing, you are doing this for a good cause (besides having more
fun than you can handle) You are helping others who need your help, people
and children right here, right now. As we, the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand
Prix, are a full blown charity your check is a charitable deduction. Now
where else do you go that your entry fee could be declared as a tax
deduction?

So again I ask you, why don't I have your entry? (for those that have
already answered thank you and by Sunday night (6-20-2010) I should have
posted at www.cloverleaf-auto.com in the vintage racing section the groups
as entered now and maybe some other late breaking news.

 Thanks,

 See you there

 Ralph Steinberg

 Director of Competition PVGP BeaveRun