[Vintage-race] (no subject)

Jim Gambony jgambony at gcecisp.com
Mon Nov 15 16:08:04 MST 2010

There's 2 types of advertising.   The first is "hey, we're having an event,
lots of track time, great track, put it on your calendar".

To me that's ok.  Bring it on.

The second is "you're a sh*th**d if you don't come to this event".   Some of
the promoter comments are borderline to that.

Never been to Beaver Run, but I have seen Limerock.  Seen GTP cars there.
The GTP crowd didn't look like they were having "fun" on a short course full
of slower classes, but whatever.   Got to see Al Holbert lock up the brakes
going into turn 1.  Handled it like the pro he was.  Then again most of the
IMSA drivers hated the mix of classes as there was always the chance of a
bad shunt overtaking the slower (GTU) cars.

I suspect that Mark (owner of Team.Net and web guru) was pointing out that
this is "vintage race at team.net", not "beaverun at team.net".  I'm sure
for a large maintenance fee he'd be willing to set it up though.  ;)

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas
'61 Morris Mini "Feaux 1275S" vintage racer