[Vintage-race] Gear Reduction Starter

David Littlefield dmeadow at juno.com
Sun Nov 21 20:07:39 MST 2010

That's it.

It will interfere with the left front corner of the passenger footwell.
You can take a hammer and bash that area to get a little clearance,
doesn't take much.  That's also a double wall, so what you do in the
engine compartment won't show up inside the car.

You can use your external solenoid, you just need to run a wire from the
battery connection to the solenoid connection on the outside of the
starter.

Are you racing with this?  If so, you'll also need to do something about
the solid internal wires.  They will, I mean WILL break after a few
races.  Some people put some silicone around them to dampen the
vibrations.  I think others wire in some braided wire.  I run a bracket
from the generator mount to the back of the starter.

Good luck!

David Littlefield