[VTR] [Bmcu] TR3 compression test

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Tue Jan 22 23:55:12 MST 2008

I wouldn't worry just yet.  Turning the motor over by hand is fairly
slow, allowing air to leisurely make its way through the end gaps
of the piston rings.  So you are going to get quite low readings.
But the fact you did get some sort of compression readings
instead of 0 indicates that nothing is horribly wrong.

I don't know what sort of leakdown test you ran and what 'yellow'
and 'green' actually mean, so I can't offer any valid comments
on that.  But it sounds like you are making progress, and we might
see the car at British Field Day this summer.

mjb.