[VTR] Non-TR Question - Idle Issue 4.3L Chevy V6

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Sat Mar 1 07:23:30 MST 2008

List,

If anyone can chime in on my "issue", please do so directly to me
off-line.....I don't want to clutter the email site with non-TR chatter!   I'm hoping
that someone out there has had a similar problem with their 14 year  old truck!

The vehicle is a 1994 Chevy S-10 Pickup 4.3L TBI V6 5 speed manual  trans.
After it starts (from hot), it idles around 2500 rpm then settles  gradually to
1100rpm.  Sometimes it'll even hang around 2000 to 2500  rpm between shifts.
Normal idle speed is 800 rpm.  I don't have any  trouble codes from the PCM
which I guess indicates that my problem is not severe  enough to send a
out-of-range signal to the PCM (I hate when that  happens!).  All of the vacuum lines
seem okay - at least all of the lines  that I can see to check or temporarily
plug.  The service manual  diagnostics seem to be pointing me to the TPS or
IAC so I'll probably rig up  some test leads and check those do-dads
next.......if anyone has any first-hand  experience they can share, I'm all ears:)

No stinkin' PCM's, ECM's, TPS's, ABC's, etc on the TR6......

Thanks,

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA