[VTR] [TTSCC] Ugh! Alternator Not Charging

Skip Shervington skip at shervington.org
Tue Dec 13 22:05:34 MST 2011

Working!  Thanks Bob and John Lye from vtr mailing list.   Made the move of
the wire and getting 13.8 volts running at idle! http://flic.kr/s/aHsjxiGi5g

On Dec 12, 2011, at 3:02 PM, Kinderlehrer wrote:

> Rich, that black line is the connection to the car, that would make 3 wires.
BUT..........  wait for it, drum roll please! Skip, your diagram shows the
black line gong to the solenoid on the gear reduction starter, if I remember
correctly, you left the orginal starter solenoid in situ. Unless you've
removed it since, the only time you are going to have continuity to the
battery for the alternator output is when the starter is engaged. I think it
should be connected to the baterry side of the original relay, not the relay
on the starter. Bob

going to the car from the large nut on the alternator. That nut is the output
voltage to the car.
> Rich

Shervington