[VTR] [TR] VTR autocross results archives

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Sun Sep 23 12:17:08 MDT 2012

Some things I remember about the 2001 event:

Pugs had the best time for quite a while, in a stock Spitfire on skinny
street tires.
We ended up using a small, dirty lot instead of the big lot at the high
school down
the road, shucks.

It was my first event with the 8" rims on Killer.  The wheels stuck out
about two
inches further than the wheels I had been running, and I wasn't used to
them yet.
I clipped lots of cones due to that extra width.

I let Tom Blanchard, the fellow running the event, take Killer out on
course.  About
the time I remember that I hadn't turned on the fuel pump he sputtered
to a stop in
the middle of the course.  Oops.

mjb.