[WPTA] The Penn Alps Tour

Ross, Lawrence LawrenceRoss at allstate.com
Wed Aug 23 07:06:46 MDT 2017

The Penn Alps Cruise
by Larry Ross

Well, have you ever been to the Alps? I know that we have a more than a couple avid skiers in the club, from Gary Fredo to PJ “Mallo Cup” Wright and Ken Mikos. So here is your chance to drive to the Alps!

The Penn Alps that is. Please join Kim & I on Saturday August 26th for a cruise thru the scenic Laurel Highlands on our way to the Penn Alps Restaurant.

The Penn Alps Restaurant and Craft Shop are housed in the last log hospitality house on the National Pike still serving the traveler. It is situated between a 1797 gristmill and a historic stone arch bridge (the longest single span of stone in America when built in 1813 ). Three of its six dining rooms were once part of the log stagecoach stop, Little Crossings Inn.

On our way, we will experience the natural beauty of the Laurel Highlands as we wind our way thru the quaint farmlands and the pristine forest of Laurel Ridge State Park.

After lunch, you can take the time to explore the Spruce Forest Artisan Village, the Casselman River Bridge and Stanton’s Mill which is an operating grist mill dating back to 1797.