[WPTA] Half Day Run 2017

Ed Major ejmajortr3a at comcast.net
Thu Jun 22 12:44:24 MDT 2017

Half Day Run 2017
by PJ Wright
        Don’t tell me that the summer is almost here and your little British roadster is still in the garage under cover doing its winter hibernation. Good gracious Gertrude and mercy sakes alive!!! Now is the time to fi re that machine up and join us for the Half Day Run that will be held on Saturday June 24.
        We will all gather at the Sheetz at 9002 University Blvd near the Airport. You can have a Continental breakfast prior to the 9:30 drivers’ meeting or walk next door to the Eat and Park for a more hardy breakfast. Your choice, but don’t be looking for bangers and mash on the menus, I can’t arrange everything.
        This year’s run will take about two and a half hours and will cover about 60+ miles all on the back roads of Beaver and Allegheny Counties.
        About 11:00 or so the drivers and their navigators will be having the obligatory WPTA stop (Pit Stop) at the Burger King at the Beaver County Mall. Late risers can join up with the group there later in the morning if they have missed the fi ring of the starter’s gun.
        There will be lots of interesting vistas on this outing, horse farms, bee hives, Ambridge reservoir, the nuclear plant, Brady’s Run Park, New Shell Cracker plant construction, beautiful homes and the usual wild life and road kill.
        Be you Fast Group, Lollygaggers, or Miassis Dragons, the end of the run will treat you to Kelly’s Caribbean Island restaurant which is in Bridgewater on the Beaver River not too distant from where we started. Kelly’s is like nothing else you will see in Western Pennsylvania. Behind the bar is an open area facing the river with palm trees, white sand, beach umbrellas and tropical FL ora, all real. I’m not making this up. Lunch will be about 12:30 or so.