[WPTA] Caution! Curves Ahead!

Ross, Lawrence LawrenceRoss at allstate.com
Wed Sep 18 06:48:39 MDT 2019

Caution!
Curves Ahead!
by Gary Fredo
  We will meet at Walmart in Moon Township (7500 University Blvd, Moon Pa 15108) at 10:00 on September 21st for the Caution Curves Ahead run.

  Drivers meeting will be at 10:15 with the first group off shortly after the driver’s meeting.  We will finish at the Bull Pen Rustic Inn (301 Country Park Rd, Avella Pa 15312) at approximately 1:30.  We will be on the deck which can be enclosed if the weather isn’t nice.  bullpeninn.com  is their website.  It’s been a hot summer so temperatures should be a little cooler by the end of September so we can anticipate nice Triumph driving weather.  Also, anticipate some fun country roads between the start and the destination.

  For the most part we will be on lightly traveled country roads with a few short transition roads to get from one fun country road to another.  As the name suggests, there will be a few curves on the route.  I’m working really hard to make the directions extremely easy so no one gets lost.  With that said, I’m hoping more people will step up and lead groups.  You won’t get lost.  I would like to keep the groups to five cars as much as possible.  It’s safer and easier to keep up with only five cars to a group.  But if we end up with larger groups then that is ok also.

  I’ve designed this run so there are very few signal lights on the course.  There are also no left turns onto any busy roads and we never directly cross a busy road.  This will help to keep everyone together in the groups.  I’ve had a blast driving around these country roads finding nice twisty roads.  So if you like to drive a little briskly then I think you will really enjoy this run.  And if you prefer a leisurely pace then you can put the top down and enjoy the scenery as most of the roads are tree lined with plenty of wild life roaming about.  See you on the 21st.