[Zmagnette] Discovering some rare Z Magnette models

Allen Bachelder bachldrs at comcast.net
Tue Dec 3 22:34:16 MST 2013

If you look around, they are there.

First, the true Magnetta. We thought these cars were fantasies, but here you can see that at least one was built.

 Then there are the Maglemmas, which came in at least these two sizes that I've been able to locate. This is the Eight-passenger Maglemma I...

And then there was the 17-passenger Maglemma II Airportta.

These are currently in my possession.  Of particular interest is the Airportta. Realizing that such a car would require more power, the factory fitted it with a 1622 engine and a 7.37 rear end. Top speed was 43 mph with cruising in comfort at 29-31 mph depending on prevailing winds.

There is idle speculation that these cars failed in the market place due to their name - which sounded altogether too much like Mag-lemon.  But of course "lemon" is spelled with just one "m"...  Silly!

You won't find this information in Wikipedia.  This takes sheer dedication and research.

You're welcome...
Allen
Allen & Florrie Bachelder       =iii=<
Spring Creek Home for Wayward MGs