[Zmagnette] Machinist projects

Wayne & Isabel Hardy gwhardy at suddenlink.net
Mon Dec 16 15:20:30 MST 2013

I once made a beautiful ball peen hammer, about half usual size in a machine shop class in college. Made it from a single billet of chrome moly steel, turned the  handle then the head on a lathe, and even put cross hatching on the handle for better grip. Yes it was a project just like now. Sorry I lost access to a good machine shop after that class too.
On several occasions since I have volunteered to be locked in for a weekend at a big machine shop, but darn they always count noses going out the door.

Wombat