[Zmagnette] Air Vent Removal

Allen Bachelder bachldrs at comcast.net
Thu Dec 19 22:54:33 MST 2013

Only to add that once the screen is removed, I believe two large 1/4" bolts are revealed, holding the cover to the mechanism.  If you've removed the dash first, and the radio, etc, removal of the rest will be pretty much intuitive. BUT DO make some drawings and take some pictures showing how the linkage goes together. There are several ways of reassembling it, in close correspondence with SPL  and FWM, that are nevertheless wrong. You cannot be too careful about this.  A couple extra hours spent documenting the disassembly will save you MANY hours putting it together.  The manuals do not teach you anywhere near what you need to put this together.  Your only real guide is the original assembly and it's disassembly.  This is one of the few places where our list breaks down.  A lot of us have done this; Damn few of us remember how!  Bear in mind that you will teach yourself most of what you need to know. Go slow on your disassembly and draw a lot of pictures!

FWIW,
Allen
Allen & Florrie Bachelder       =iii=<
Spring Creek Home for Wayward MGs