[Zmagnette] 4 synchro MGB trans in ZB

monster at caverock.net.nz monster at caverock.net.nz
Tue Nov 26 00:58:36 MST 2013

http://www.beardmorebros.co.uk/website%20pages/Dads_Oxford.html

On the above page are some photos and a description of fitting an MGB
engine and 4-synchro+overdrive 'box to a 1960's Farina Oxford.
It includes a pic of shortening the remote gearlever extension to fit,
and a new tunnel.

I'd agree that the benefits of non-OD box over all the mods needed for
a 3-synchro box might not be great.
I also love the sound of the non-synchro 1st gear. Bah, musicians, eh?
:-)

regards,
--
Robert