[Zmagnette] 4 synchro MGB trans in ZB

Steve C. laverda at aol.com
Tue Nov 26 22:42:44 MST 2013

As Steve K states I installed a 4 syncro overdrive many years ago in my ZA. I would not even consider doing so today. The 5 speed kits are so much easier to do. The come with everything you need and require almost no modifications to the car. To install the late over drive you need to build a rear transmission mount, a transmission tunnel, drive shaft, speedo gear box and cable. Then deal with the starter hitting the frame and making a clutch hydraulic line. I also did some mods to the shift tower, but do not remember exactly what. I think that covers it all.
--
Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Steve Kirby <skirby210 at cox.net> wrote:

It is not my place to answer this, and it is further not my place to offer up this answer, but I will anyway!  One of my first, of many, mentors, in the Magnette World was Steve Carroll . . . he of thee superb header set up many of us have purchased.  Steve did put a full late B synchro in his.  I do remember Steve describing the various things he had to do.  Steve is a person of immense talents, so his pay grade is much higher than mine.  Perhaps Steve will answer, now that I've prodded him a bit, or Charlie can contact him directly.

#2SteveK