[Zmagnette] Happy Birthday

Wayne & Isabel Hardy gwhardy at suddenlink.net
Sat Nov 30 14:21:00 MST 2013

Frightening to think about how many of us are the third quarter of our approaching centenary year. Who will care for these neat little vehicles on which we all labor to keep serviceable after their maker waved goodby some 50+ years ago???? Will they slowly go back to ground or is there another generation out there of young men (and women) itching to understand the the trick of “9” in setting valves, or learning how to synchronize a set of SUs with a garden hose piece and a tin funnel???? Will they even know HOW to shift gears, much less master the trick of “double clutching” for a shift into low gear while still moving, and yes it is occasionally necessary still?  Who will remember that cars needed to be greased occasionally at critical moving areas..not like now. My gosh , my granddaughter thinks its neat that you can actually crank the windows up and down manually. Guess in her 12 –13 years she’s never been in a car without power everything.

Wombat