[Zmagnette] Replies to list...

Fletcher Millmore gofanu at cust.usachoice.net
Sun Oct 20 02:45:47 MDT 2013

I use Thunderbird, and it now has "reply" and "reply to list" buttons,
seems simple enough. I had numerous tries with the old system in which I
attempted to reply to the actual sender, but it always went to the list.
(Thunderbird did NOT display the two buttons with the old list, just
"reply")

Allen's experiment with the huge files really screwed my computer last
night. I got at least 5 copies of that, and everything came to an
agonizing halt, such that I had to shut it down, but it
wouldn't/couldn't do that.(Computer just slowed to a stop, which I
thought was a Firefox problem, but was it trying to download all those
picture files) Once it got all of it, it then took forever loading (from
where?) the messages to delete them.Took me 4 hours to shut down and
restart until eventually it cleared all that stuff.
I think maybe having extremely large file sizes allowed is not good.
Especially, some folks have a habit of including lots of large file pics
in one post, which is really a disaster if there is a problem.

I noted Mark's comments re people not editing replies, which was a big
problem on the Rover list, also flailing since Eric's unfortunate
passing. Hasn't happened since, but that list is now very sporadic.

FRM