[Zmagnette] Reply to...

Allen Bachelder bachldrs at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 21:02:00 MDT 2013

Hey all,

I have just switched the "reply to" administrative function so that the default will send your replies to the entire list.  I tried to consider the number, intensity and logic of your comments in making this choice. Please feel free to air your comments; I can always change it back.  I can see strong merits in either default, but I strongly sympathize with concerns that the list becomes saturated with messages intended only for one or two other members.

Therefore, I would like to institute some caveats:

1. That we all police ourselves. We all have ZMG rosters that contain all our email addresses. If your message is for one or two others only, please do not bombard the entire list with it.

2. That we all strive to keep our "Subject" captions current and relevant. the "Was/Is" format used by a number of our members is very effective for this; the past reference maintaining the continuity of the thread, and the current reference showing the direction of the thread.

3. OT messages are always welcome, but please use "OT" in your subject caption.

4. If I receive a high volume of complaints regarding volume of posts I will reconsider and perhaps switch back to "reply to sender".  Being retired, I'm pretty tolerant about this stuff, but I will do my best to please the greatest number of people.

' Hope this works for all.  Quite frankly, I'm not quite sure how this will affect things myself.  We'll soon find out...

Cheers,
Allen
Allen & Florrie Bachelder       =iii=<
Spring Creek Home for Wayward MGs