[Zmagnette] ignition problem

jtdbrough2 at netzero.com jtdbrough2 at netzero.com
Mon Oct 28 17:31:20 MDT 2013

-

What were the circumstances surrounding this problem?  Was the car running one day and just wouldn't start the next?  The car was running, then I drove down the driveway and it quit.  I was unable to get it restarted until the next day.  Then, same thing again.  Ran ok, then quit.

Those new parts you list, were they replaced because the car wouldn't start or did you change those things and then find the car wouldn't start?  Most were changed after it quit to try and get it running again.

What's going on on the #2 and #3 cylinders?  Car should still start with one intermittent cylinder.  I have consistent spark on all cylinders but 4.  I should be running, but roughly.  I don't understand why I am not getting combustion unless the timing is WAAAAY off.  But, like it said, it was running, then quit, then wouldn't restart without moving distributor.

Dennis

-Steve T.